Friday, September 9, 2016

Old School Oil Lamps

I grew up along Atlantic coast of Florida, so hurricanes and emergency weather situations were a normal part of life. We experienced power outages on a regular basis, and my family had old-fashioned hurricane lamps--and yes, we used them. As you may have seen, I have been trying out various types of camping lanterns lately. However, I don't want to rely on only modern technology if SHTF. For that reason, we picked up a oil-based camping lantern. It's been so long since I've used one I wanted to brush up on them, plus I had a lot of questions from a survivalist's point of view. Can you make your own wicks? Are certain types of oils better than others? So I started digging online, and it became abundantly clear that one person really knows her stuff. I learned more from her post than I thought possible. If you plan on using an oil lamp, please take the time to check it out. It is worth it, I assure you.

  Tips and Tricks for Using Oil Lamps (by Preparedness Pro)

No comments:

Post a Comment