Sunday, September 18, 2016

Compact 100-Piece First Aid Kit (Product Review)

For a compact kit, this is a great one. I have put together a lot of medical kits for people over the years, and there is a difference between a bug out style med kit and a simple IFAK (Individual First Aid Kit). I am not going to compare the two, because they are completely different beings and it wouldn't be realistic or fair. I ordered the Compact First Aid Kit from TripWorthy to review.

This is a physically small kit. It is not much wider than a pair of hair cutting scissors. I did not expect much, until I opened it. I am pretty impressed with how much they were able to get in here. I appreciate the mixed type of items, such as survival (poncho, glow stick, emergency blanket) with first aid (bandages, antiseptic, ice pack) with practical (sewing kit, whistle, safety pins), because you simply never know what you will have the need for. Also consider that items may end up having more than one type of use in an emergent situation. The prescribed use may not be what it ends up being used for!

This kit would be great to keep in a vehicle glove compartment. It would also be ideal for a camping trip or to take along on a hike. If you have teens beginning to drive, or young adults moving into the dorms, this is an excellent kit to have in their first car or to keep in their dorm room. I would be perfectly comfortable having my teenagers carry it in their backpacks at school in case of emergency. There is also just enough space left so if you are going away for the weekend, you could put some allergy or headache medication in a sandwich baggie in there as well. The only change I would make to what they already have is to add a couple extra pairs of gloves; they currently only include one set. If you come across an accident, you always want to have extras. If someone has larger hands and accidentally tears one, or someone else on scene needs some, it's simply impractical to have one pair. Otherwise, this is a great compact first aid kit.

I received this item at a discount or free for my honest opinion. I have no affiliation with the manufacturer of the product or the seller of the item, and I do not receive any financial compensation. My opinion is entirely my own. I hope the information provided is helpful in some way.
   
https://www.amazon.com/Lightweight-Compact-100-Piece-Complete-Water-Resistant/dp/B01DYYCX6M/

 #TripWorthy

No comments:

Post a Comment