Sunday, August 12, 2018

This is a two pack of sketchbooks by #Lasten. They are each 96 pages and are completely acid-free. At the top they have two coils so it is easy to flip the pages so you do not have to worry about paper getting caught. The covers are made of cardstock.
The smaller sketchbook is just bigger than the size of notebook paper at 8 1/4 inches by 11 3/8 inches. (I am in the United States but I think in Europe it is called A4.) The larger one is 11 3/8 inches by 16 1/2 inches (A3?). I have bought from Lasten before and so I knew to pay attention to the site because quite often they offer deals on their products, so their prices are even better.

I include things like this in my SHTF list for various reasons. One is that in a crisis, stress levels can skyrocket. Downtime is critical, even if it's only a short time. Doodling can be calming and help focus. A sketchbook can also be used for documentation instead of drawing; be sure to keep plenty of pencils in all bug out bags. It's an often overlooked item that is important. Sketchbooks can also occupy and distract small children, who pick up on their parents' or guardian's stress (even if they're trying to hide it).

I am keeping the large sketchbook and giving the smaller one as a gift; they do both have their own sleeve. As you can tell I am nothing of an artist but I do like to just doodle from time to time. It's relaxing and great on a rainy day when you're stuck indoors. I did two little doodles on the same page, one with a mechanical pencil and the other using some watercolor colored pencils that I have always wanted to try. So I drew with the colored pencils and then used a paintbrush to brush them with water. I wanted to know if the water would end up warping the page or the sheet behind it. It did have a bit of warping on the page which didn't surprise me given it is water after all. But I was surprised to find that nothing leaked onto the page behind it.
If you are professional artist and you do paintings and stuff I would definitely put a piece of cardboard in between the pages, or just remove your page. If I was a pro, I might opt for a thicker sketchbook but if you are like me then this is great!
  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M5BPXP1

No comments:

Post a Comment