Sunday, July 15, 2018

8" Chef Knife by Amz Soaring



This 8" chef's knife from Amz Soaring is awesome! I did not expect a whole lot from it, to be honest. Apparently at some point I fell into the mindset of thinking the only decent kitchen knives are the couple of big, well-known brands. This one actually works beautifully.


The first thing I used the knife for was to cut up a honeydew melon for my kids. That knife with its German steel sliced right on through the entire thing in one clean whack. No hesitation, no muss no fuss.
The handle is comfortable (I would say it is ergonomic) and easy to hold. I have wrist and hand issues due to daily dislocations from Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, but I have no trouble at all holding this kitchen knife. After chopping up the entire melon into bite-sized pieces and cutting off all the rind, I did not experience any pain in my wrists or hands. The handle is ergonomic and has a very natural feel to it. The weight distribution and length of the knife give it a nice balance and adds to how easy it is to use.


The chef knife comes in a box suitable for wrapping, if it is purchased as a gift for someone. I got this to give to my eldest son, who is about to move away for the first time. A flexible blade sheath is included, possibly made of vinyl. The only thing I can think of to possibly improve upon this knife is to have a better blade sheath. It would not need to be fancy, maybe just a sturdy plastic, plain and simple.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C8H8CCG

No comments:

Post a Comment