Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Trauma Kit (Review)


CAT Tourniquet, Israeli Bandage, Emergency Blanket from Lia Medical (Review)

I helped form the local community emergency response team, my main position being to advise on putting together bug out bags and medical kits. The items in this kit from Lia Medical are all ones I strongly suggest to include in all emergency kits, and are ones I keep in my own BOB (bug out bag). I have two teenagers in high school and still needed a few things to finish up the emergency kits they keep in their backpacks at school, and this looked like an excellent deal opportunity to do just that.

The Lia Medical kit comes with a CAT (combat applied) tourniquet, an Israeli bandage, and an emergency blanket. The three items arrive in a resealable pouch, though each is also wrapped individually as well. The Israeli bandage, also known as a trauma bandage, is kind of like an elastic bandage with a gauze pad attached; the gauze has clotting granules in it so that if you suffer a wound and are bleeding profusely, such as from a bullet or stab wound, the Israeli bandage can buy you enough time to get to emergency medical care. The green package the bandage comes in has instructions on how to use it, with illustrations included. The CAT tourniquet has a small slip with instructions. The emergency blanket is self-explanatory.

I opened the CAT tourniquet and the Israeli bandage and placed them on my daughter (carefully, as the Israeli bandage is really only meant to be used once so as to not be torn on the V-notch). These are very well-made items and I am quite comfortable with anyone in my family carrying these in their kits, even my teens keeping them in their packs in case of emergency at school. No one likes to think of something bad happening, but I would rather have these and not need them than something happen and not have them.

Product was provided for evaluation purposes. 


#LiaMedical




No comments:

Post a Comment