Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Merytes Portable Binoculars (Review)

This is my first set of portable binoculars. I honestly didn't expect a whole lot, given both the size and the price point. I do have another pair of binoculars but they are a standard size and from a well-known brand. To my surprise, these little cheapies actually knock the socks off the brand-name ones.

The binoculars are made by Merytes. They are 10x25 (magnification is 10x, object diameter of 25mm). They weigh only 7 ounces (.44 lb or 200 grams). They have a strap so you can wear them around your neck, but you can detach them as well.

There is a dial in the middle for large adjustments, and a fine-tuner on the right eyepiece. It is also high definition. The clarity is outstanding, far beyond what I expected for such inexpensive binoculars.

They also come with a cleaning cloth, carrying bag with a belt loop, and instructions (printed in multiple languages), and have a one year warranty. They do a beautiful job. If there is a SHTF situation, I will definitely include these in my BOB.

Item was provided for evaluation purposes.


 

https://www.amazon.com/Binoculars-10x25-Portable-Definition-Merytes/dp/B01DF02UTA/ref=sr_1_31?ie=UTF8&qid=1475142596&sr=8-31&keywords=binoculars

#PortableBinoculars

No comments:

Post a Comment