Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Portable Water Filter Bag by Survival Hax (Product Review)

Portable Water Filter Bag by Survival Hax (Product Review) 

This portable water filter bag from #survivalhax is awesome! It arrived quickly and is simple to assemble. To easily put it together, all I needed to do was insert the filter into the cap and then screw the cap onto the bag. I can just dunk the bag in the nearest questionable water source, fill it to its 16 ounce capacity, insert the filter, and drink. Another very useful aspect of this item is that the filter can be screwed into a standard plastic bottle.

At first it tastes a wee bit on the plastic side; this wasn't surprising, as I've experienced the same with other water filters. It seems to be a part of the manufacturing process and it does go away quickly. I tried water from a local source documented to have hexavalent chromium, and while I can't verify the removal of it, it does taste much better after filtration through this .1 micron straw.

At first I was concerned about trying a portable water filter bag. I rather expected them to be flimsy, and in a survival situation that's a pretty big risk. I ended up pleasantly surprised though, discovering the bag to be quite sturdy while still flexible. Not only that, but it seems to be reinforced not only around a thick outer perimeter, but also around the designated hole for the mini-carabiner as well.

It's easy to just hook to my pack and go! I'm not going on any outdoor activities without this bag. Given you can filter around 1,000 liters (approximately 264 gallons) with this filter, I'll be using it for a long time to come!


https://survivalhax.com/products/portable-water-filter-bag

   

No comments:

Post a Comment