Friday, August 19, 2016

Bully Sticks & Beef Tendons by WyldLife Pets: Review

I am almost a month into training my new service dog, as I started training him the first day I got him. He is just about eight months old, a German Shepherd weighing in at a whopping 75 pounds, and it's guesstimated that he he will be around 95-100 pounds when he is full grown. My previous service dog passed earlier this year. One of the things I learned during the two year certification process I underwent with her was to use different levels of treats as rewards during training: low, medium, and high level. High level rewards are for very special reasons. It tells them they have truly done something amazing and unforgettable. I am figuring on using the bully sticks for normal, every day treats for him and for my other two little dogs, and the tendons for those special high level rewards.

I received the Bully Sticks & Beef Tendons quickly. What I first noticed is that they come in a bag that is resealable. This is tremendously appreciated, as this is a great time saver, not having to repackage anything. Who wants to spend extra time doing that, especially when already taking care of two little dogs on top of training a service dog basically around the clock? 

Another thing I think these would be great for is when we go camping, hiking, or other outdoor activities. Let's face it. There are times when we need to occupy the attention of our dogs for a little while, and it needs to be done in a safe, productive manner. These are ideal. I know the dogs love them, they are all natural, and I can trust them. What better product to give my pups while out enjoying nature than something 100% natural?

The sticks and tendons are separated into two wrapped sections of their own that can be opened when ready. The tendons are a bit greasy, but this doesn't bother me. It just says to me that it's a real animal part. After all, there are no chemicals, no artificial ingredients in these. I doubt dog lovers will be bothered by a slightly greasy feel, if they are concerned about providing quality snacks and treats for their four-legged friends. It's just a thought anyway, but maybe I have been swayed by years of doggie drool. 

I admit it: I did not test the tendons myself. I had my German Shepherd, Cyrus, try them. I can only attest to the container, the feel of the snacks, and such as this. I can tell though how Cy reacted. He gladly went into a "Sit" command, gently took the tendon, pranced around our yard like he was King of the Jungle. Then he came back over to me--twice no less--as if to see if I would hand over another one despite him still having the first one hanging out of his mouth. He realized he would have to settle for just eating one, and went and did a "Settle" on his favorite patch of grass and had a ball with his tendon. Cy was a happy camper for a very long time, just chomping and licking away. I like that the WyldLife snacks are natural and from the United States as well.

I received this item at a heavily discounted price for my honest opinion. I have no affiliation with the manufacturer of the product or the seller of the item, and I do not receive any financial compensation for my review. My opinion is entirely my own. As a long-time shopper, I rely on the reviews of others when I make my own purchases; I aim to help other people by providing thoroughly written reviews.

#wyldlifepets

Click the link below if you would like to read more about the WyldLife Bully Sticks & Beef Tendons:







No comments:

Post a Comment